You can email the Chair of the Governing Body at: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the school office who will pass this on.
The Function of the Governing Body
The functions of the governing body include the following core functions —
- Ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined
- Ensuring that the head teacher performs his or her responsibilities for the educational performance of the school
- Ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources
In exercising their functions the Governing body agrees to:
- Act with integrity, objectivity and honesty and in the best interests of the school
- Be open about the decisions they make, actions taken and be prepared to explain their decisions and actions to interested parties.
- The governing body will appoint a clerk with a view to ensuring their efficient functioning and must have regard to advice from the clerk as to the nature of the governing body’s functions.
The Head Teacher’s responsibilities include:
- The internal organisation, management and control of the school
- The educational performance of the school.
- The head teacher is accountable to the governing body for the performance of all his or her responsibilities.
- The head teacher must comply with any reasonable direction of the governing body.